My Hubby loves French Toast and since it was raining all day today I decided to cook him up a batch of Cinnamon and Orange French Toast, made him really happy :).
He always eats to many then feels sick afterwards, but after 20 years together I’ve given up trying to tell him not to eat so much, I tried refusing to make him more than three, but he just goes and makes some more himself, there’s no reasoning with him when it comes to french toast :).
Bread (it’s up to you how many)
eggs (1 for every two slices)
1/4 of a cup of milk
orange zest from 1 orange
oranges 1 for each person
cinnamon 1 teaspoon
oil for frying
1. beat the eggs in a bowl until smooth add the milk, orange zest and cinnamon and mix together
2. heat the oil in a frying pan until hot and smokey
3. Some people soak the bread in the egg mix for a few minutes, but my hubby likes french toast that isn’t to saturated with the egg mix, so I quickly dip the bread one at a time into the egg mix then fry individually immediately.
4. Fry the french toast on both sides until golden brown
5. Sprinkle each piece of Eggy Bread with sugar and serve warm with an orange.