Had a great day today cooking Strawberry and Apple Crumble with my son, while we were cooking we cranked up the music and sang as loud as we could in the kitchen.
Ingredients For the crumble
•300g/10½oz plain flour, sieved pinch of salt
•175g/6oz soft brown sugar
•200g/7oz unsalted butter, cubed at room temperature.
•Knob of butter for greasing
For the filling
•1 large Brambly apple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
•50g/2oz soft brown sugar
•1 punnet of Strawberries
1. Cube the butter and rub into the flour until it resembles Bread Crumbs.
2. Add the soft brown sugar and using the same rubbing technique combine it with the flour mix.
3. Turn the oven on to 180C.
4. hull the strawberries and cut into chunks place in oven proof dish.
5. peel and core the apple then cut into chunks and place with strawberries in the oven proof dish sprinkle fruit with soft brown sugar.
6. sprinkle flour mix on top of fruit.
7. Place in the hot oven for 20-30 Min’s or until top is golden brown.
8.Serve with thick cream or custard.